Casting

Characters-

     The film opening has in total 4 characters, 2 have a physical presence and the other 2 have are only heard via voiceover. the number of character being so minimal was done intentionally due to the fact that I knew I would only be able to work with one actor. so, what will come apparent is that the character were made to fit the certain characteristic of the actor I will be working with.

Physical Actors-

SCOUT-

·         A demonic clown that has possessed the last owner of the butchery.
·         His appeal is pretty typical butcher
  • ·         Blue jeans
  • ·         Plaid red and black flannel
  • ·         Bloodstained white apron

·         His face is partially transformed into a demonic clown.
  • ·         Ripped jaw
  • ·         Soulless eyes
  • ·         Rainbow afro

·         His intentions went from selling the food to killing and packaging the human parts for the thrill of it. He appears very powerful and robust.


ADAM

  • ·         The kidnapped victim that is being prepared to be dismembered in the opening
  • ·         He is wearing a white shirt, with an opened up black dress shirt.
  • ·         Is face is not visible except his eyes as his head is cover with a  burlap sack
  • ·         He has a visible gun shot wound on his right shoulder
    • He appears very scrawny and confused.

Voice Over Actors-

Radio Broadcaster-
  • Has a somewhat deep voice, speaks with a lot of power and is very confident but find himself getting bored when talking about topics and is shown in long dialogue. he tries to combat this by bring in a bit of stale humor
Police Chief-
  • Has a somewhat deep voice, but sound very nervous when talking about incidents as he is afraid of how people will take the news he is force to relay as police chief, thi can be seen as he is starts to stutter a bit and slow down and and over analyze his words.

Casted Actors-
Anthony Alonso
I casted my self for the voice of Police Chief because of that fact that I couldn't find anybody that was able to do the desired voice that I had envisioned for the character. So, to save time from searching for someone I took matters into my own hands and did his voice the way I wanted to. Also, I played the role of Adam and Scout for shot for 2-shots where the character  was playing face was not visible to the camera due tot he similarities in appearance to the other actor.

Ruben Gonzalez
Ruben was casted for the role of Radio Broadcaster because when I tested his voice with a couple lines he was able to give the perfect delivery that I was envisioning. I also asked him as the main role of Adam and Scout. There are two main reason why I chose him for the roles. The first reason is because of his appearance being so similar to mine. This was going to be a very important thing to get as we would be taking turns being the same character in parts of the film and I need there to be as little of a difference in silhouette for it not to look out of place. Also the fact that the room was offered at his house film he was an ideal actor for the film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Use Of Conventions

Quarter 3 Submission /Revisions

Feedback/Revision