Scout Locations-

Location Scouting-

     From the conception of the idea of the film I already knew the place that I wanted and was going to be able to film the opening at. In my opening, the main feature that stand out in the background is a dark brown butcher table. I didn't know where to find a place that had an actual butcher table would match  the one that i had envisioned in my opening and also didn't have the time or expenses to build a table to match the descriptions. However, my friend has this spare room in his house that had this dark brown desk that worked perfectly in the film. Not only the desk matching the color of the one I needed but the fact that the room the desk was in was a unused room, meaning I would be able to set up and take as long as I needed to film pretty much sold the location. But, at the same time the room was not perfect but, the problems it presented were easy work arounds. Though I had the whole room to work with, there was other furniture in the room that I was not allowed to move out the room, but simply moving it to the edges provided enough room to to get all the shots with frame a I want. Also given the fact that I kept the room limitations in mind while writing and planning the opening, everything was framed in a way that nothing that didn't want to be seen was hidden off camera and what wasn't was in the shadows that could be hidden in post by increasing the contrast. Also, it help to limit what the audience could see to get them intrigued of what the bigger picture was. I was also allowed to put up things on the walls so i could use mise-en-scene to create the effect that this corner of the room was a shed in a hidden location. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Use Of Conventions

Quarter 3 Submission /Revisions

Feedback/Revision