Script

Brainstorming an Idea-

     Before I could start writing the script for the film, I felt it was necessary to think of a coherent backstory and characters to incorporate into the plot.This was to have a sort of backbone to work off of. I've been tossing around this idea of "where dose our food truly come from?" Since I wanted to work in the horror genre I decided that it would be best to take this concept to the extreme. By this I'm referring to having the meat products in this universe i'm making come from human body parts. With, a solid idea i then worked on coming up with a backstory to how where and how the human meat started to get sold and packaged. I decided to set the film in the 1990's in the small town of Little Rock Arkansas, as many of the films I researched were based out of lesser known cities. I also find clowns to be very creepy when properly used in horror films (by this i mean clowns being portrayed of having a dark and twisted connotation) and wanted to incorporate one without seeming like I threw it in. So, ultimately I decided to make a butchery that had a clown as a mascot that posses its owners and corrupting it's brain to search for human flesh. I come up with a timeline of how the butchery turned to "organic"(human flesh) products to finally closing as can be seen in the image of the background below. So, finally I came up with the characters. Knowing I was only going to be able to have one actor I decided to keep the number of physical characters to a minimum, ending up with 2. One obviously had to be the Scout, the demonic Clown (Description in image) and the second I want to be a victim that little was know about him but the film drove around him, his name was Adam (description in image). With, this established I could now start writing the film.

Premise of Script-

     Since in my background for the film I established that the butchery was closed, I decided to make the film take place in some kind of hidden location. I wanted to keep the audience question what was happening so I decided that the actors would not speak and instead be voiced over by a radio broadcaster breaking down a developing situation that happen and the audience slowly coming to find out that what they are watching is the aftermath of the incident being told. The incident that is being told is about a shooting and kidnapping that occurred outside a local pub, with the body ultimately missing and the attacker responsible would be Scout himself. The visual are Scout disguise a health professional of some sort as he is removing the bullet he shot into adam out of his shoulder, this was to mislead the audience and in a way make them side with the antagonist.Then once the voiceover has caught up and revealed to the audience who these people really are Scout continues on by cut out a piece of Adam's flesh and packaging it. The film opening would leave the audience on the cliffhanger on if the killer will be brought to justice. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Use Of Conventions

Quarter 3 Submission /Revisions

Feedback/Revision