Shot List
Shot List-
I made the shot list after i created the full storyboard of the film. By referencing the story board i made a shot list with 6 main columns that would help me heavily when it come time to film. The first column is framing. This is where I pointed out the type of camera angle I wanted to frame the particular shot. The majority of the shots where filmed in some variation of a closeup (CU) or mid shot (MS). This was intentionally done to limit how much the audience sees to avoid them them from piecing together all opening before it was revealed at the end of the opening. The second column I gave a description of each shot and what I want to show the audience. This was done to have a quick reference of what is going to happen in the a particular shot to minimize having to reference the storyboard constantly delaying the process. Also Most of the shots were very short takes as I wanted to keep the audience attention, this was accomplished by making different actions be performed through multiple short takes from different angles drawing out the actions adding suspense but still keeping the pacing moving. The third column is Action, where I determined if there was any movement the camera need if it wasn't going to be stationary. The only camera movement were that were performed where tilits. This was to move help the audience focus on a particular section of the frame. For example, on of the shot has the camera tilt down with the potion of the lid covering a container stopping where a sticker will be placed. The fourth column I stated which character was going to be in the shot as I was only going to have access to one actor i needed to know what character was going to be in frame so I could have the actor dress in the correct costume. The fifth column simply stated any prop that would be used in the particular scene for the same reason i needed column four. Finally, the sixth column was any notes on the scene I may need to remember while shooting. The were 4 different variation of the shot list. The shots them self were the same but each one had a different set of shot colored coded based on the characters required (Scout {Scrubs},Adam, Adam/Scout, Scout {Clown}). The colored coding next to the that was in rainbow order determine the what shots where of most important having a color higher up in the rainbow that heed to be recorded first. I would simple work down the rainbow completing the shots moving from character. The shots that got top priority where shots that occured in first in the film, this was to help keep continuity since it was going to be film out of order.
Comments
Post a Comment