CCR #3- Draft

3) How did your production skills develop throughout this product? 

Pre-production-

Script-

Throughout this project my production skills developed tremendously. In the pre-production something that developed that turned out to be very beneficial in the later parts of the project is my script writing and story boarding abilities. I struggled to come up with a script at first but to get out of the writer blocked i decided to take a step back from the script. I wrote up some back ground on how the characters go to the situation where the film opening would pick up.  This document had the background of how Scout got posses and how the butchery location got shut down resulting in the relocation to the shed that is opining takes place in. After completing this, I began the the script which resembled a Quinton Tarantino. This due to the very detailed description of the action and the attempt to have very natural dialogue.

Storyboard/Shot list-

By having a very descriptive script this allowed for the creation for a very straight forward shot list and story board. These two aspects where created along side. The storyboard is where i followed the script closely to frame out the film to way i had originally in visioned it. each shot on the shoot list was numbered so that i could create  the shot list in that resembles a checklist. It was color code prioritizing the shots that need to be accomplished first. This the shots where shot out of order to attempt to keep continuity. Right after this I scheduled a time to film with my other actor. due to our busy schedules the only time we had available only gave me a week to prep.I knew i had to act fast and accordingly to have the film steel have a professional level of quality.

Mise-en-scene-

I started by collecting the costumes for the actor. It was quite easy as i used old clothes and Halloween costume. Scout's mask was a 10 dollar ordered off of amazon that i painted.I researched how to simple special effects that i could make the chuck of flesh that also was the gunshot wound. This was a mixture of unflavored gelatin, glycerin and water. Then it was painted to look more realistic. The set was created with miscellaneous  object and modified FDA food safety sheets. The day of the shooting went smoothly and quicker than expect. It was expected to take 4 hours but end up taking 2. I credit this to the very well developed shot list.

Filming-

However on the day of shooting i had to learn to adapt to situations. Limitation in space made it hard to get certain angles so they had to be changed or scrap on the spot. Also a whole sequence was removed due to it not working out. This was a shot of scout in the medical scrub getting squirted with blood.  I didn't have to learn how to use the camera as I made short films before setting up the camera for the specific shot was not hard. This required changing the IOS setting mostly due to only one light being used. Also, one light was used instead of the better 3 point light conditions due to the limitation sin space so only one light was used to illuminate the set but I was looking for a overall dark look so it worked in my favor.

Editing- 

After this editing was very simple as i have use the program Premiere in prior project and because  I followed out the story boarded when editing the footage. However, One thing i had to learn was how to set in and out marks when place the transition effects as the I was used to the new version of premiere of 2018 not he 2015 that had slight different but after the rest was very simple. The audio was all cut out due the quality being poor. I rendered out the final visuals and did folly work and voice overs to restore the audio of the work. I learned that by performing all the effects on a towel it help to better isolate the sound. Once this was added the film was finalized and rendered out. completing he production. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Use Of Conventions

Quarter 3 Submission /Revisions

Feedback/Revision